Photoshop and Adobe Bridge for Beginners – David Saffir instructor
Thursday, April 21st – 6:30pm to 9:30pm
SCV Center for Photography, Santa Clarita / Valencia, California
$59 when paid in advance, $79 non-advance/paid at the door
Got a new, or not so new digital camera? Are you dog-paddling through the world of photography wondering how to make Photoshop do The Swim? This class is for YOU! Photoshop is software that is intended for use by a wide range of people – designers, photographers, artists, printers, etc. The photographer’s portion of Photoshop is pretty straightforward – and much improved in the newest version. It’s not difficult to understand the fundamentals – and this class will really get you going!
- Installing Photoshop and Bridge – and basic settings for best performance
- Introduction to Bridge – a great catalog and file editing tool
- Adjusting your picture so it has real snap and great color
- Using Photoshop menus – image adjustments, color and special effects filters, and more
- Using the crop tool, lasso, healing brush, clone stamp, and others!
- Basic portrait retouching tips
- Lighten, darken, blur, and sharpen a photograph
- Changing the size of your picture
- Changing a color image to black and white
- Adding text to your image
- Saving and backing up your photographs
We will be working on a range of images – landscape, portraits, snapshots, wildlife – maybe even a poster or two. Photoshop and Bridge run the same on Windows and Mac computers. You can bring a laptop if you wish, but it’s not required. Just bring a note pad and pen. We’ll focus on the basics in a clear and understandable way, and you’ll go home primed to practice and use your new skills!
For reservations call Mel at 661-904-2092, or David Saffir 661-373-1818. You can also click here to register.