Design and Create A Photo Book
Location: SCV Center for Photography, Santa Clarita, Calif.
Instructor: David Saffir
Aug 16, ‘09, 9 am-5 pm. Session fee $79, $69 for SCVPA members.
Learn about using services like Blurb, Apple, and MagCloud. Use print on
demand to order one book or dozens, from wallet/purse size up to full
sized books. Learn about new soft-cover magazine printing services
that start at just 20 cents/page! These can also be a great alternative
to expensive photo albums.
• Matching your work to a book design – colors, sizes, and more.
• Creating a theme – subject, color palette, storytelling
• Choosing images
• Matching images that share a page or spread
• Creating the cover, and each page, including layout options
• Image editing for your book – step by step
• Preparing your book for printing
• Managing costs through good design
• Selecting a book printing service
• Distributing your book – as a product, and as your portfolio
Laptops welcome but not required. Attendees can also bring their own images to work on.
Advance registration strongly encouraged – class size is limited. For tickets, go to to this link.