Track One: Photoshop, Adobe Camera RAW, Bridge, Lightroom. Image editing, printing, and publishing
Join us in a practical, real world learning environment!
This is a multi-part series that enables photographers and other artists to use Adobe image editing productseffectively and efficiently. I use a goal-oriented, hands-on approach. Sessions are divided into segmentswhich deal with specific issues. You’ll go home and get results!
- Session One, Photoshop – Turbo Portrait Retouching, July 19
- Session Two, Landscape and Scenic Imagery, July 26
- Session Three, Using Adobe Products to Design and Create A Photo Book, August 16
Session cost is $89 per person. Register before June 19 and pay only $79.
Workshop Session One, Track One: Photoshop – Turbo Portrait Retouching™
July 19, 2009, 9 am to 5 pm. Location: Santa Clarita, California (address TBA) Laptops encouraged. Students are also encouraged to bring theirown images to work on.
- Skin – women, men, children
- Eyes – sparkle makes the image
- Hair – dealing with flyaways, trailers, and more
- Lips – developing contours, dimensionality, color
- Contours – the 3-D face, the “gentle nose job”, and more
- Glasses – reflections, dust, eye magnification
- Blemishes – wipe em out in minutes
- Teeth – “you’ll wonder where the yellow went….”
- Clothing – rumples, wrinkles, and colors that go bump in the night
- Coping with group portraits – goofy faces, out of places, blinkies, and missing persons
- Production – preparing the image for the lab or your printer
Workshop Session Two, Track One:Landscape and Scenic Imagery
July 26, 2009 9 am to 5 pm. Location: Santa Clarita, California (address TBA) Laptops encouraged. Students are also encouraged to bring theirown images to work on.
- Tips and Tricks in Camera RAW – get that image ready for prime time!
- Matching color in multiple images
- Full- Frame Color – fast track to whole-image color control
- Selective Color – adjusting selected colors to make an image “pop”
- Lighting – adjusting luminance of the entire image, or selected areas
- Creating that cool 3D look- dimensionality and depth with two key Photoshop tools
- Recovering highlight detail, restoring shadow detail – two techniques for success
- Poor man’s HDR – combining exposures for extra bounce
- Create front to back depth of field and sharpness – landscapes and closeup shots
- Intelligent Sharpening – crisp details, no halos!
- Converting to Black and White – using color adjustments to enhance a black and white image, the Black and White Filter, toning, and more.
- Choosing print media for appearance, longevity, marketability
- Providing a Certificate of Authenticity with each print sold
Workshop Session Three, Track One: Design and Create A Photo Book
August 16, 2009, 9 am to 5 pm, Location Santa Clarita, California (address TBA) Laptops encouraged. Students are also encouraged to bring theirown images to work on.
- Matching your work to a book design – large or small? wide or tall? and more!
- Creating a theme – subject, color palette, storytelling
- Choosing images
- Matching images that share a page or spread
- Creating the cover, and each page, including layout options
- Image editing for your book – step by step
- Preparing your book for printing
- Managing costs through good design
- Selecting a book printing service
- Distributing your book – as a product, and as your portfolio
Pricing and Registration Information:
- Each session is $89. Pre-registration is required.
- If you register for the first class by June 19, session cost is reduced to $79.
- Register for two or more sessions, register before June 19, cost is $138.
- Use Paypal or Google Checkout.
All content © David Saffir, Santa Clarita, CA all rights reserved.
<a href=”http://www.technorati.com/tag/photography” rel=”tag”>photography</a> <a href=”http://www.technorati.com/tag/digital” rel=”tag”>digital</a> <a href=”http://www.technorati.com/tag/print” rel=”tag”>print</a> <a href=”http://www.technorati.com/tag/art” rel=”tag”>art</a> <a href=”http://www.technorati.com/tag/art+reproduction” rel=”tag”>art reproduction</a> <a href=”http://www.technorati.com/tag/color+management” rel=”tag”>color management</a> <a href=”http://turbotagger.brainbliss.com”>Turbo Tagger</a>