Studio Lighting Workshop: Portraits with Style!
David Saffir instructor $89, Saturday, March 19th – 9am to 1pm
Learn how to successfully pre-plan your photo shoot, put your lighting setup together to match a particular “look”, capture your image successfully, plan your editing in Photoshop, and create an image you can successfully print or provide as a digital file.
This is a “hands-on” workshop. We’ll take you step by step through the process:
• Pre-session planning meetings with customers, clients/models, and others
• Identifying a look or theme, including use of printed examples, design ideas, and the like
• Pre-shoot coaching, with focus on making diplomatic suggestions for wardrobe and makeup
• Studio preparation, including backdrops, choosing a lighting style, and two or three light setups for portraits
• Classic vs. non-traditional lighting, using main and accessory lights
• Setting up your camera for successful capture, including tethering to a computer
• Three-step fast and efficient editing in Photoshop
• Providing proofs to customers/clients
• Preparing for printing or publication
Although we use studio flash in class, we start with continuous lighting (hot lights), which helps students see how lighting changes work, moment by moment.
This one-day focused workshop teaches an uncomplicated, efficient, professional process from start to finish. You’ll leave the session with a list of skills you can practice that will help you improve the quality of your work and your client’s satisfaction!
This is a hands-on workshop, so please bring your camera. We will provide a light meter for your use.
Contact Mel Carll at 661 904 2092 for reservations.